Smoking Prevention and Cessation
Role of the Family Physician
Doctors Ought to Care (DOC)
- CDC. Cigarette smoking among adults – United States, 1994. MMWR, 1996;45:588-589.
- CDC. Tobacco use and usual source of cigarettes among high school students – United States, 1995. MMWR, 1996;45:413-418.
- Neaton JD, Wentworth D, for the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial Research Group. Serum cholesterol, blood pressure, cigarette smoking, and death from coronary heart disease. Overall findings and differences by age for 316,099 white men. Arch Intern. Med. 1992;152:56-64.
- Rakel RE, Blum A. Nicotine addiction. In: Rakel RE, ed, Textbook of Family Practice, 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders: 1985:chap 58.
- Blum A. Consumer advocacy: a crafty approach to counseling. Patient Care. February 28, 1993. pp 80-83.